Thursday, October 11, 2007

Good Luck, Ivan!

Today is indeed a sad day for me, for my coworker, we’ll call him “Ivan,” is transitioning to another department. You see, Ivan was my mentor at Vanguard, and a damn good one at that. 10 months ago, when I “came aboard,” he was the guy that took me under his wings, and showed me the ropes. I couldn’t have asked for a better mentor.

It’s always tough when you start a new job – you don’t know anybody, you are unsure if you’ll ever fit in, and you have doubts as to whether you can even do the job. Ivan took care of all of this for me. He immediately helped to immerse me into the department, showed me the ropes, and most importantly, became a good friend.

Sure, we’ll always be friends – we’re going to try to meet up for lunch once a week, and I’m sure we’ll hang out, outside of work from time-to-time. But, I’ll miss having him around the office – being able to go to his desk and ask idiotic questions about stuff I was working on, but most of all just shooting the breeze (no, I’m not gay).

I wish him the best of luck in his new endeavors – he’ll be fine. But, the department he’s leaving will never be the same. Good luck, Ivan!

6 comments:

Steph said...

Does Ivan read your blog??

Superstar said...

Did he ever honk your horn?? *giggles* I mean that in a non gay way...

Wishing Ivan well!
~blows party horn~

Crassius Maximus said...

Good friends is hard to find, dawg, so hopefully Ivan'll be aiight.

snowelf said...

It is SO hard to lose a great co-worker. When Pitty-Pat and I stopped working together, I was really, really sad. Luckily we've been best friends ever since, but it was SO much fun working with her.

--snow

Mama en Fuego said...

I've met most of my closest friends at work. Hopefully you guys will stay in touch (metaphorically...that is)

-B- said...

That's sort-of like that around here at good ol' Lockheed, Los - not the same since you left.
There's a lot less violence in the office.. and it actually smells a bit better too. lol!