Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pillow Obsession!

Pillow Obsession

I’m pretty easygoing about everything – I don’t really care which kind of soda I’m drinking, I like the shore just as much as I like the mountains, and I’m really willing to drink just about any type of beer. However, there is one quirky thing I need. And that, my friends is down-feather pillows when I sleep. If you must know, I prefer three of them, however, I can make do with one if needed.

Strange, you may say. I agree fully with you. But, that’s just the way it is. When I went to college, I had to pack my down-feather pillows with me. When I sleep over somebody’s house, I HAVE to bring my down-feather pillows. My wife has prevented me from bringing them to hotels, and it bothers the hell out of me … thankfully, many of the hotels in Atlantic City apparently know about me, and make sure that these types of pillows are available when I get there.

I know there are quite a few people out there who probably can’t sleep on down-feather pillows because of allergies. I think the worst thing that could ever happen to me is to develop one of these allergies … I’m not sure how I’d ever be able to get a good night’s sleep again … I’m sure I would look for the help of some good alcohol.

9 comments:

Jeff said...

THREE pillows at a time? Oh, wait -- real pillows.

Seriously, I often can't sleep in other beds unless I'm completely worn out. So I usually push myself to exhaustion when traveling.

Ink and Stone said...

You pillow biter! j/k
I like sleeping on medium-firm foamcore pillows. I tried feather pillows but found they were too soft for me.

Steph said...

I hear ya! I can NOT sleep if I don't have a decent pillow.

Crassius Maximus said...

I'm a 3 pillow guy too, los. Mostly due to the fact that I have had a few bumps and bruises in my my life, some permanent.

minijonb said...

i just need one firm pillow under my head and one behind my head between the headboard and me. don't ask me why i developed that habit... it's a long story.

snowelf said...

I would love to get some down pillows of my own. I slept on some at a hotel once and they were the most awesome pillows EVER!

--snow

Superstar said...

LOL

I hate down feather pillows...I HATE them. I feel like I might suffocate when the ends go up around my ears...

Seriously, after the car accident, I had to sleep w/ the theraputic pillow...when I don't travel w/ it, I am walking sideways!!!

In a pinch I have had to roll up the towel and support the neck.

deep sleepy thoughts....

The Rev said...

Those aren't pillows!

Los said...

Jeff - I've had to resort to that ... or lots of drinking.

Ink - Feather pillows are the Rolls Royces of pillows.

Steph - I think pillows are very underrated.

Crass - I could probably sleep with 10 pillows ...

Minijonb - Hey, we all have our habits ... whatever works.

Snow-Elf - You can find good sales on them every once in a while at Target, or Boscovs.

Superstar - You're not the first person who has told me they feel like they are suffocating with feather-down pillows.

Rev - Hey-yo!!!