Tuesday, October 23, 2007

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!

On Saturday night, the wife and I had the pleasure of going out to dinner with Reverse and his wife. For those not in the know, Reverse is a former co-worker of mine, and still a very good friend. And surprise, surprise – he’s Jewish. That’s right, ladies and gentlemen, I AM capable of being friends with anyone, even though I am of German heritage (of course, I hate ham, and am not crazy about potatoes … so maybe my parents adopted me, or something.

But, we had a great time, lots of laughs. We went to the Iron Hill in Media for dinner – we didn’t realize that Media was having their Jazz Fest, and the place was crowded. Plus, Iron Hill was still celebrating Oktoberfest, and had these Bavarian flags hanging from the ceiling. It prompted Reverse to say that he wanted to take one of those flags and make a cape out of it, and run through the jazz crowd with it. We then came up with an idea for a new superhero – Bavarian-man! His super-powers would include shooting beer at criminals and intoxicating them. His sidekick would be, “The Brat,” and the main villain would be “The Wurst.” Good times!

We later went to the Town House, and hung out at the bar – very tacky, but so tacky that it was cool. The bar had two huge moose-heads hanging from the wall, and many other items that would’ve made Bennigans jealous. When we left the bar, we swear we walked right by M. Night Shyamalon … I guess it’s possible because he lives in the area. Hopefully, he’ll start creating some good movies again.

Anyway, it was nice to hang with Reverse again – I don’t get to see him, or the others at Lockheed enough anymore.

8 comments:

Jeff said...

Speaking of which, it's been a while since you and I got together, with or without the Straight Man.

Hope you enjoy this Saturday night more. Beat the Butt-guys!

Crassius Maximus said...

I understand completely. It's like people think that you curl up with a copy of Meinkampf every night under your swastika sheets and pillowcases. People think I drink like a fish 'cus I'm Irish....Oh, wait, they're actually right in my case.

Superstar said...

I love double dates.

That sounds like so much fun!
Love the super hero! That is hysterical...


batta bing on the "brat worst"...hehehehe.

Ink and Stone said...

And Bavarian-man can have a butler... named Mr. Stein. First name: Bier. :)

minijonb said...

Did M. Night give you the evil eye???

Ken said...

Did M. Night give you the evil eye???

Yeah... for hanging out at the Town House during the Jazz festival.

Mama en Fuego said...

Crass - I resemble that remark thank you very much...

snowelf said...

Los, I swear you are hilarious and you have the absolute funniest friends!!! If I am ever in PA I know exactly where to find the fun! :)

--snow