Tuesday, December 09, 2008

We finally got it!!!!!




Yep - we finally pulled the trigger! We got a flat-screen TV! I ordered the sucker two Saturdays ago from tvsdepot.com. Here's the tv I bought.

I think I got a fantastic deal (considering the TV is now more expensive on the site) - I paid $999 (no tax and free shipping) for this 46 inch LCD - 1080P, 7500-1 color ratio ... it is an obvious upgrade from the 37 inch CRT that we had (well, we still have it, but are giving it to a friend).

I was like a father-to-be, waiting for his baby to enter the world on Sunday morning - the delivery guy was set to arrive between 10 and 2. As luck would have it, he arrived at 11:30, which gave me plenty of time to get the tv hooked up prior to the Eagles game ... folks, I didn't get up from the couch once! What a beautiful tv - my god, I can't wait to watch hockey on it (that'll be tonight, by the way).

It goes really well with the basement modifications we've made (we still have some work to do, though). I doubt I'll ever be able to truly enjoy tv on a CRT ever again.

6 comments:

Jeff said...

Chase Utley wishes you a Merry F***ing Christmas!

Seriously, congratulations. Am curious how you chose this TV among all the highly rated ones available.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Many happy hockey games!!!!!

El Padrino said...

Congrats!

Sharp Aquos is quality.

what did you name the lil stinker?

Heff said...

I'm still holding out for the HD's prices to fall completely through the floor. (sniff!)

Melissa said...

And what a good Eagles game to "initiate" your TV with....

Los said...

Jeff - I had it down to about 4-5 five models ... TVsdepot just had the right price.

Alaina - Great game last night!

ElP - Haven't named it yet ... I'm up for some suggestions.

Heff - the prices have dropped dramatically...

Melissa - Amen!!!!