Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Song of the Week

If you like the band Scissors for Lefty, you can probably be my friend. Most knowlegable people have probably heard their hit (in the UK) Ghetto Ways, which is chocked full of cool hooks, and catchy choruses. And don't get me wrong - I love that song. But a song I found more intriguing is their lesser-known song, "Lay Down Your Weapons." As a fan on amazon.com stated - the band has a great balance between a "cool retro sound and a modern, up-to-date style."

It has some interesting kazoo-sounding instrument that weaves artfully throughout the song ... my guess is that it is supposed to symbolize a police car. Just a fun band that doesn't seem to take itself so seriously, and is more concerned the audience is having fun. Refreshing.

You can find out more about them here.

1 comment:

Heff said...

"a fun band that doesn't seem to take itself so seriously"

That's ALWAYS the way to go.