Friday, October 02, 2009

Fast Food Corner


We used to have a couple of Roy Rogers fast food restaurants in the Philly area. All have seemed to disappear in the past 20 years or so. There were a couple of neat things about Roy's restaurant. First, Mr. Rogers had MANY choices - you could get a burger, roast beef sandwich, or even a bucket of chicken - this is sadly unheard of today in the area I live in (I think Wendy's may offer fried chicken in Baltimore and south, but not in the Philly area).

Second, Roy had the "Free Fixin's Bar." Here, you could top your sandwich with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and other toppings - truly having it your way. This seemed like a great idea to me up to a few years ago. But, the more I think about it, maybe this isn't such a good thing - think about all of those nasty people sticking their nasty unwashed hands in the fixin's bar, or sneezing on the lettuce. I guess in that sense, this isn't such a good thing. But still ...

I miss ya, Roy - come back to Philly!

5 comments:

Steph said...

Never heard of it. It does kinda seem like germ pool.

How was the cruise?

Heff said...

Never even heard of the establishment. God these blogs serve a great purpose !

DILLIGAF said...

What ever happened to Trigger?

mmmmmmmmm...Trigger with onions ;-)

El Padrino said...

roy rogers was the shit

Paige Jennifer said...

They had really good milkshakes. At least that's all I can recall. And the last Roy Roger's I saw was at the Trenton train station. But with recent renovations (like the last few years) it FINALLY was put to rest.