Sunday, October 11, 2009

Song of the Week

The NHL hockey season has started up once again, and thanks to the EA Sports video-game commercial (for their hockey game), I can't seem to get a song out of my head. No, it's not a rock song, and it's not a very new song, but inexplicably, it's catchy. I think this song has been around in Canada for a long, long time, but only has gained some popularity in the US in the past 5 years or so.

The song itself is very folksy, with only a few instruments - maybe an electric guitar, a simple drum set, and a catchy chorus "Well the Good Ol' hockey game is the best game you can name, and the best game you can name is the good ol' hockey game." No, certainly not something Shakespeare would be envious of, but catchy nevertheless.

The "narrator" basically talks about a hockey game from start to finish in the song - again nothing ground-breaking, but still compelling for some reason. You can hear the song and see a hockey video here:

1 comment:

Steph said...

Yep... baseball season is over for me now. :( I knew it wasn't looking good for my Cardinals. Waiting for college basketball now.