Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dope or Nope

Remember when the Segue was invented? The hype was amazing - this "vehicle" didn't run on anything except gyroscope technology - you leaned forward, and the thing would move forward. You lean to the side, and it would turn ... at least I think that's what it does ... I've never driven one.

The thought was that this would take over the world as an efficient transportation "vehicle." I remember discussions taking place on news shows stating that cities like Atlanta were well equipped for the Segue, but cities like New York didn't have the proper infrastructure.

I haven't really heard or seen much of the segue in recent years ... with the exception of the movie "Paul Blart, the Mall Cop." Personally, I think they are kind of ok ... but they don't move very fast ... I could run faster than they move (I think) ... so, the point is, is this device even necessary?

What are your thoughts on the Segue? Dope or Nope?

4 comments:

sirgeb said...

I'd like to do a Segway tour of somewhere at some point. That's about it.

Steph said...

Nope. Lame.

Heff said...

People look ridiculous on them, and yet I think it would be cool to have one.

Jeff said...

South Park nailed the Segway a few years ago.