Sunday, October 22, 2006

Songs I Loathe

I’m not sure what prompted me to write this, maybe the dismal radio market in Philly, or the awful music scene in general, but I decided I would give you a list of songs that I no longer can stand (in no particular order):

1. Drops of Jupiter, Train – This song makes me want to flush my head down the toilet. I’m not sure if this song was overplayed in every radio market, but it seemed like every radio station in Philly had a gun pointed to its head, forcing it to play this song at least 10 times a day a few years ago. Thankfully, one hardly ever hears this pile of shite anymore, but I can no longer listen to any song by this band, and I hope they no longer release any more music.

2. Photograph, Nickleback – If there is any song that will make me puke uncontrollably, this is it. I even emailed the band, asking them to break up. This song is reminiscent of the time I tore my ACL – excruciatingly painful.

3. Any song by Creed – I had no idea that a band could have a wolf in heat as its lead singer and be successful. Was this group ever capable of writing any music that didn’t lead people to immediate thoughts of suicide. I think the day they broke up was one of the 10 happiest days of my life.

4. The five Led Zeppelin songs that WMMR and WYSP (radio stations in Philly) continually play – C’mon, guys, do we really need to limit this bands greatness to the overplayed crap you continue to feed us. Most young people will probably be amazed that this band had more than one album. I know it is hard to believe, but some fans may actually want to hear some other tracks besides Stairway to Heaven and Casmir.

5. Crazy Train, Ozzy Osbourne – I could’ve listen a handful of others, but this song really does it for me. The second I hear “Alllllllllll Aboard, Ha-ha-ha-ha,” I reach for the radio dial.

6. Any of the five Audioslave songs that are played every half hour – Sure, Chris Cornell is immensely talented, and Rage of the Machine was cool, but my god, one would think that Audioslave and the Foo Fighters were the only two “newer” bands out there. The stations can’t play enough of the singles, and I swear my ears start to bleed each time I hear them.

7. Any song by Coldplay – The constant whining of the lead singer, in conjunction with the same damn piano work in each song makes me want to rip my radio out of the car and set it on fire. Seriously, I wouldn’t f*ck this group with your dick.

I won’t love you guys and gals any less if you like some or all of these songs. I just needed to blog this for some reason. I apologize if I’ve offended your cd or MP3 collection.

16 comments:

The Rev said...

5 Led Zeppelin songs... I'm guessing Stairway, Kashmir, D'yer Maker, Rock and Roll, and Whole Lotta Love.

Philly radio won't play any Gallows Pole.

Ink and Stone said...

I agree with ya on all these, Los. It's all a bunch of overplayed crap (though there is one Audioslave song out there I like, I've only heard it twice so far, something about an inner riot or something like that) - that's why I listen to the classic rock station, they have a decent rotation of songs.

Oh yeah, don't compare wolves in heat to the lead singer of Creed... that an insult to wolves everywhere!

Eric said...

I can't think of two bands I could possibly hate more than Creed and Nickelback. Especially Creed, Scott Stapp is such a loser, he inspires so much rage inside of me. You may not remember, a year or two ago he was being a drunken idiot and took a swing at one of the guys from 311. Since he was waste, because he's an alcoholic, they kick his ass. This happened at a hotel in Baltimore a few blocks from my office, one of the biggest regrets of my life is that I wasn't walking by on my lunch break while this was happening so that I could get a kick or two in.

Fairmaiden327 said...

Los: Morning. You shouldn't have to apologize for writing your opinions or thoughts down. Whoever doesn't like it -- keep it moving. This was a good post.

Los said...

Smokin - that covers it.

Ink - I like every Audioslave song when I first hear them, then I begin to hate them with every passing minute.

Eric - That would've been the best blog story ever!!!

Jeff - They should call themselves "Train-Wreck."

Lisa - I think there are far worse Phil Collins songs than Susudio, but you are right - that one is bad. And I don't even need to respond to the Mambo Number 5 one.

Los said...

FM - Thanks - I can talk for hours about music ... and when I drink, it always comes back to the Stones ... ask my wife.

El Padrino said...

i hate pop music

and anything forced fed to the public makes me want to shoot people

Christina_the_wench said...

Where in the hell is the Britney, Justin Timberlake or Paris Hilton?

Los said...

El Padrino - Point well taken.

Christina - I don't even listen to those stations, so I never hear those songs.

Christina_the_wench said...

That's because you dont have tween daughters. Your day is coming....

iamunstoppable said...

1) - i dont ever want to see a quasi-apology from you again.

D) - im in agreement to all of this.

any future disclaimer should read like this...

if you DO like this, then Life should apologize for breathing itself into you. cause you obviously dont deserve it.

Los said...

Christina - correct!

IAM - You are right - I take back the apology, dammit!

iamunstoppable said...

and i deliver a ball dip to any that enjoy the Nickel's Back.

Los said...

Them and Three Doors Down for that matter .... Sensless music.

Fairmaiden327 said...

I said it first, Los. Besides IAM is an asshat.

Anonymous said...

Ever notice that all the songs by Creed and Nickelback all use the same 3-4 chords? LOL :o)