I’m not sure what prompted me to write this, maybe the dismal radio market in Philly, or the awful music scene in general, but I decided I would give you a list of songs that I no longer can stand (in no particular order):
1. Drops of Jupiter, Train – This song makes me want to flush my head down the toilet. I’m not sure if this song was overplayed in every radio market, but it seemed like every radio station in Philly had a gun pointed to its head, forcing it to play this song at least 10 times a day a few years ago. Thankfully, one hardly ever hears this pile of shite anymore, but I can no longer listen to any song by this band, and I hope they no longer release any more music.
2. Photograph, Nickleback – If there is any song that will make me puke uncontrollably, this is it. I even emailed the band, asking them to break up. This song is reminiscent of the time I tore my ACL – excruciatingly painful.
3. Any song by Creed – I had no idea that a band could have a wolf in heat as its lead singer and be successful. Was this group ever capable of writing any music that didn’t lead people to immediate thoughts of suicide. I think the day they broke up was one of the 10 happiest days of my life.
4. The five Led Zeppelin songs that WMMR and WYSP (radio stations in Philly) continually play – C’mon, guys, do we really need to limit this bands greatness to the overplayed crap you continue to feed us. Most young people will probably be amazed that this band had more than one album. I know it is hard to believe, but some fans may actually want to hear some other tracks besides Stairway to Heaven and Casmir.
5. Crazy Train, Ozzy Osbourne – I could’ve listen a handful of others, but this song really does it for me. The second I hear “Alllllllllll Aboard, Ha-ha-ha-ha,” I reach for the radio dial.
6. Any of the five Audioslave songs that are played every half hour – Sure, Chris Cornell is immensely talented, and Rage of the Machine was cool, but my god, one would think that Audioslave and the Foo Fighters were the only two “newer” bands out there. The stations can’t play enough of the singles, and I swear my ears start to bleed each time I hear them.
7. Any song by Coldplay – The constant whining of the lead singer, in conjunction with the same damn piano work in each song makes me want to rip my radio out of the car and set it on fire. Seriously, I wouldn’t f*ck this group with your dick.
I won’t love you guys and gals any less if you like some or all of these songs. I just needed to blog this for some reason. I apologize if I’ve offended your cd or MP3 collection.
Writer’s Workshop: We Went To Packwood!
19 hours ago