Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fast Food Corner


I'm a guy who LOVES mozzarella sticks and Jalepeno poppers. For a long time, one could really only get these at bars and chain restaurants ... I mean, I'm not complaining, but if you ever wanted these at a fast-food restaurant, you'd be SOL. However, a few years ago, Arby's made the "bold" decision of making and selling these finger-food icons ... probably the biggest trick was making these tasty, yet selling them at fast-food prices.

Arby's has done a pretty good job in their attempt. Are they as good as ones served in the traditional locations? Well, no, but they're not bad. Certainly, they're good enough to become a menu staple at Arby's. Frankly, I'm surprised that other fast food chains haven't followed suit with this initiative. Maybe someday, I guess. In the meantime, Arby's can continue to exploit this niche market (man, could you imagine how many of these "appetizers" they'd sell if they were allowed to sell beer with them?

2 comments:

Superstar said...

my buget and checkbook always feel the pain, of my Arby's craving.

I do love the Jamoca shake tho...

Heff said...

Never tried the little greaseballs, but that does remind me that I need to go steal a fresh supply of Arby's sauce...