Wednesday, March 04, 2009

More Random Thoughts ...

* I just saw that AIG lost 99 billion in the past year or so ... really? I mean, were they just throwing it out of their windows by the end?

* I miss the absolute rush of listening to the local radio news station on the morning of a snow-storm as a child, and hearing those magic numbers that meant my school was closed for the day ... it felt like the possibilities were endless.

* Don't get me wrong, I prefer the simplicity (and customizability) of buying individual MP3's over CDs. However, there was some sort of exhuberance in buying a cd, tearing off the plastic coating, looking at the artwork of the album, and holding the cd in your hands ... it actually felt like you really PURCHASED something.

* Boxing and Tennis are missing heroes and villians ... really, that's the main reason nobody's watching anymore.

* This season of Lost has been absolutely awesome! 24 has been really good too.

2 comments:

El Padrino said...

AIG : In a nutshell, they insured just about everything that went wrong with the economy.

Sandi said...

I'm a teacher. I still wait by the radio in anticipation--ok by the phone, but you get the point.