Thursday, March 26, 2009

Weekly Assignment

I usually take a Mama Kat assignment that is in my wheel-house ... this week, I decided to stray a little and do a more difficult assignment: Your friend tells you he can pick up any girl at the bar, no matter what he says. You bet him $100 he can't. Create the world's worst pick up line and send your friend off into the crowd. What happens?

Here goes nothing:

Bernie and I were hanging at the local watering hole, as was tradition for a Friday night. This Friday was different - apparently, lots of attractive women decided to "invade" our bar ... which was OK by us. After a few glasses of liquid courage, my slightly inebriated friend proclaimed to me that he could pick up any girl at this bar, no matter what he says. I laughed him off, sensing the beer was talking to him ... Apparently, he noticed the doubt I possessed, and immediately pulled out a $100 bill, and bet me that he could.

Being a good friend, I decided not to take him up on the be.... screw it! I figured this would be a great way to make a quick "Benjamin." Before he went off on his conquest, I reminded him that I would be giving him the pick-up line. I whispered the line in his ear, and he almost unswallowed his beer. Even in his pompous, overconfident mind, there was no way a girl would ever fall for the line I presented him. The line? A simple, classic one - "Hey, do you have any German in you? Would you like to?" Not that funny, except for the fact that my friend Bernie was Jewish.

I couldn't stop giggling as he left for his "death walk." How could he possibly succeed. I'm still asking myself this 3 years after the wedding ... (by the way, this is all fiction).

4 comments:

Cupcake Dessert said...

haha.. my hubby still uses that line on me!! except he's italian... great story

Jenners said...

Visiting from Mama Kats...

I'm glad for the disclaimer at the end ... I was wondering!

Anonymous said...

That's a terrible pick-up line! ;)

Jeff said...

Should've tried the line: "I'm so busy at work, I don't even have time to masturbate."