Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fast Food Corner


Back in the day, my dad often took me to this fast food restaurant by the name of "Arthur Treacher's Fish and Chips." This particular establishment was located not far from our house. Really, the only thing I remember about this place was the green roof, and that the only thing I really liked on the menu was the french fries. My dad LOVED the fish and chips ... I guess it somehow made him feel European all over again ... even though he's German, and this is decidedly more British/Irish.

I know by the time I was 8, the restaurant was long gone, and truthfully, I haven't seen one in this area since. I'm wondering if I'd look a little more kindly on the fare at this restaurant with my .... errr ... ummmm .... advanced pallet?

Has anybody else had the experience of eating at this "establishment?" Is it still even around?

4 comments:

sirgeb said...

Where was this? It must have been gone for at least 20 years...

Sandi said...

There was one where I grew up, too. If memory serves me, they also sold fried chicken.

Steph said...

Never heard of it.

DILLIGAF said...

Arthur Treacher was a great character actor in the 1930's.

The only movie I have of him on video is 'Thank You Jeeves' with David Niven as Bertie Wooster and Treacher as Jeeves.

He died in the mid 70's I think.

No idea he'd set up a Fish and Chip shop!!!!