Thankfully, there have been a lot of other news stories recently that took precidence over the one featuring a member of my favorite band, the Rolling Stones. Yep, the junior of the band, 62-year-old Ron Wood got himself in trouble a few weeks ago when he got into some sort of domestic dispute with his 21-year-old model/girlfriend (ah, the life of a rock-star). You can read more about it here. There are rumors flying around that the Stones may end up kicking Woody out of the band prior to a new album and rumored tour in 2010. I'm not sure how true these rumors are, but it's fun to speculate (at least I think it's fun) on who the replacement might be.
So, below is a list of some potential replacements:
* Mick Taylor - He replaced Brian Jones as guitarist of the Stones (and was subsequently replaced by Woods). Many claim this was the best era of the band - Taylor, at that point, was considered as good of a blues guitarist as Eric Clapton. He left the band when they refused to give him writing credits on some of the songs. Stones fans desperately want hm back.
* Jack White - The man is arguably the highest rising star in rock music today ... he has played on stage with the Stones a couple of times already ... and get this, he's been hanging out and writing songs with Keith Richards! Rumor has it, he's going to produce the new Stones album ... would he consider touring with the band for a year and a half?
* Joe Perry - Heck, Aerosmith is just imploded recently, and Joe Perry basically imitates Keef anyway ... could the two play together?
* Jimmy Page - The man tried out for the Stones after Brian Jones was fired by the band. Would he put his ego aside now and join the band?
* George Thorogood - Lonesome George is friends with Mick and Keith, and actually learned all the Stones songs during the 1981 tour in case Ronnie Wood died - he was in-line to be the next guitarist of the boys.
* Pete Townsend - The man is close friends with Mick, and has written quite a few songs in recent years with Mick. Would the stage be big enough for Pete, Keith, and Mick?
I've got two words for ya - Sar-casm. If you aren't hip with that, you probably should just click to the next blog. I blog about my daily life, current hot topics, stupid conversations, or just about anything that is on my mind.