Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Song of the Week ...

My wife has become a HUGE ... I mean HA-UGE Lady Gaga fan. After seeing her ridiculous performance at the Grammy's, I immediately took a disliking to her. So, when my wife bought Gaga's new CD, it turned my stomach a little. However, after the eleventy-millionth time my wife played the new cd, I came to a conclusion ... no, Lady Gaga is not my cup-of-tea, but her music really isn't all that bad.

One song I particularly like is Poker Face - It has all the ingredients required for a song to get stuck in your head ... Catchy chorus? Check! Lyrics that are easy to repeat? Check! Toe-tapping beat? Check! Plus, the song is sort of about poker ... sort of! Really, it's using poker terms to "discuss" loves/sex. But, at the very least, it's not being as blatant as other songs out there.

Here's the thing about Gaga - she writes her own music. I can respect that. Also, she has a powerful female voice ... not a girly annoying voice like Brittany. No, I'd never see her in concert. I don't think I can see anyone in concert with the name "Gaga." But, she's not all that bad.

Here's the video, in case you are interested.

7 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

She is indeed ga-ga...totally fruitcake. She performed on the X-Factor over here the other night. For some unfathomable reason her backing dancers were in a huge bathtub.

I have no idea.

Steph said...

First MJ, now this???

Anonymous said...

Oh my word. Really? I never thought I'd see Lady Gaga in this series.

(PS you didn't hear it from me... but if you like Poker Face, you'd like Bad Romance)

Ken said...

I don't think I would have ever looked at this video if you didn't post. The video felt early MTV... I liked the orgy scene:). I'm proud to be the 25,794,174 viewer.

schue said...

Gaga on your Blog?!? I don't believe it. I need to get the new CD.

El Padrino said...

lada gaga before she was lady gaga, her name is stephanie

poker face is awful btw

-B- said...

I think I have to agree with you here, Los. She seems to have some talent, which is both rare and valuable nowadays - especially in pop music. My wif is starting to catch on to the buzz, so no doubt I'll be hearing it in the house soon too. Ugh, I think.