Sunday, July 18, 2010

Song of the Week ...

The D4 is an Australian rock band that had moderate success in Europe, and hardly any success in the States (shocking, I know). Surprisingly, I discovered this band when I was in a Tower Records store about 9 years ago (god, I miss Tower) ... they were one of the featured artists that Tower was displaying, and I sampled the CD, and immediately purchased it.

The band is very raw, and almost "garage-ey," but definitely a little more refined. They've only released a couple of albums, but it seems they've been influenced by bands like the Ramones (and even possibly the White Stripes ... although, they seem to have come out around the same time).

Their album, 6Twenty, is a pretty good listen all the way through. The one song I particularly enjoy is called "Heartbreaker." Starts off with a rolling drum beat and bass, and builds into a very cool chorus of "I wish I never would've met you at all," while the lead singers screams "Cryin'" over and over. Another great song overlooked by American mainstream radio.

No comments: