Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fast Food Corner


Burger King has been promoting the hell out of the Steakhouse XT Burger - I believe a famous NASCAR driver is pimping it out big time (but, I don't follow NASCAR, so I wouldn't know ...). Anyway, I decided to give it a whirl, for research purposes, of course.

What a great sandwich! Of the big three (McDonalds, Wendy's and BK), this sandwich has the best bun, bar none ... and important first step. It's not a sesame seed bun, but some sort of sturdy bun, that won't break apart or get soggy - an important aspect of this sandwich.

The burger has some sort of "steak" seasoning, which works well with the sandwich. Plus, the toppings of onions, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, and onions work very well with the burger and the optional bacon (bacon should always be included, shouldn't it?). If only the fries were good at BK ... sigh.

1 comment:

Heff said...

I actually WASN'T impressed when I tried this one.

BK's "smash success" to ME is the flame broiled flavor, and the steak sauce overpowered it on the XT.

I stick with BK's standard classic.