Sunday, November 07, 2010

Song of the Week ...

Ronnie Wood has been a guitarist for the Rolling Stones for more than 30 years (he replace Mick Taylor, who replaced the late Brian Jones). Prior to joining the Stones, Wood was a guitarist for the Small Faces (Rod Stewart's band). So, to say "Woody" has musical pedigree would probably be an understatement. Ronnie's solo work has always been overshadowed by the Stones, and it's a shame, because he's had some pretty good songs (and Mick and Keith never let him collaborate with them as they are song-writing).

Wood recently released a CD titled "I Feel Like Playing," features Slash, Flea, Kris Kristofferson, and others, with some songs co-written by Eddie Vedder, and folks, outside of Ron Wood's rapidly deteriorating voice, the album is REALLY good. One song from the album that I have to keep replaying is titled "Lucky Man." It's pretty much a straight-up rocker, with some excellent lead guitar-work (something, we're sadly seeing less and less of with today's modern main-stream EMO dreck).

His voice actually works pretty well with this song ... and thankfully he has good backup pipes to help him (thanks to the Rolling Stones backup singers). The lyrics seem a little disjointed (although, this is probably understandable since Vedder helped pen this one), but from what I'm gathering, Woody comes to grips with how lucky he has been as a musician, and is hoping to woo back his ex-wife (just my guess).

The song ends with a repeating "I'm a Lucky Man" chorus that is so addicting, it had me screaming it at the top of my lungs in my car on my way home from work. At times, it's almost as if you can hear Mick's voice in the chorus (a song that would've been tailor-made for Jagger).

2 comments:

Heff said...

Yes, good lead-work is sorely missing from a lot of today's current popular.

KlingeltoneKostenlos said...

Collection of my vinahouse ringtone 2018
Hi everybody
Vinahouse relieves stress. Many singers have gone on the vinahouse music route. I created many Vinahouse ringtones for you to reference. Vinahouse helps us relax and have fun. Your favorite song, already in the ringtone. Visit my homepage to get your favorite cell phone ringtones here:https://ringtonesmobile.net/

Top 5 ringtones of vinahouse are favorites in 2018
- Bum Bum Tam Tam ringtone - ringtonesmobile
- Let Me Love You ringtone - ringtonesmobile
- Jasmin Walia – Bom Diggy Diggy ringtone - ringtonesmobile
- Iphone 8 – 8 Plus ringtone - ringtonesmobile
- Havana ringtone - ringtonesmobile
I need your comment to improve the ringtone. Hope my ringtone collection will help you get your favorite ringtone and bring a new look to the world of ring tones. Thank you!