Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Weekly Homework Assignment

It's time once again for Mama Kat's Weekly Homework Assignment! This week, I chose the following prompt: An open letter to a celebrity.

Dear Michael Vick,

I was completely against you and the team when you initially signed with the Eagles a little over two years ago. I was repulsed by you as a person for what you did to those dogs ... and heck, I'm still repulsed to an extent. At the time, I would've rather seen you go to the Cowboys, Giants, or Redskins, so I could hate them even more.

But that wasn't the case. You signed here with the Iggles, and you promised changes. You saw the light, and even though you knew you couldn't go back and change the past, you said you'd be a difference-maker in the community. Now, I'm all for second chances ... as long as they aren't with my team (it seems like that never works in Philly).

Your season last year was modest ... you had some big plays in a limited role, but ultimately, you really didn't have an impact to the Birds. This year was supposed to be more of the same ... until Kevin Kolb got injured. You did more than make the most out of the situation. You have now become indispensable to the organization.

And now, you've forced a lot of Eagles fans to really think hard about what to do next. Do they forgive you and root for the Eagles, or do they ultimately cut ties with the franchise ... since you'll most likely be the face of the team for the foreseeable future.

I'm an Eagles fan through and through ... and since they're winning, I choose to root for you ... but, don't you dare start sucking!

1 comment:

paige said...

Dear Michael Vick,
I think you should be shot between the eyes. Twice.
Love, Paige