Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Weekly Homework Assignment

It's time once again for Mama Kat's Weekly Homework Assignment! This week, I chose the following prompt: If you had made a career out of whatever you were passionate about when you were ten…what would you be doing?

I'd be a professional hockey goalie ... probably approaching my last few years in that profession. I remember being really good at it in gym class in grade school ... well, at least the floor hockey portion of it. I was always picked first when we were playing hockey, because I was really good in goal.

Of course, at that point I had never ice-skated before, but that seemed like a small hurdle for a 10-year-old who was good at floor hockey. And yes, by that point I understood that many kids in Canada were skating at the age of 2, and that ice-skating and ice hockey teams in Pennsylvania were either non-existent or really, really expensive.

I figured how hard could learning how to ice-skate be? I mean, I already was semi-good at roller skating after only about 4-5 times ... No, I couldn't skate backwards, but would I really need to do that in goal?

As it turned out, I never really progressed with playing ice hockey ... although I continued to play deck hockey into my early 30's ... not for money, of course.

1 comment:

paige said...

That would definitely have been a good goal to achieve. (see what I did there?)