Thursday, January 01, 2009
Fast Food Corner
Sausage McMuffin with Egg ... possibly the greatest fast-food breakfast item ever created. Why? Let me cound the ways:
* It's easy to eat whilst driving. As most of you know, this is of vital importance for all good fast food.
* The muffin is delicious and absorbant enough to soak up the sausage grease ... very underrated.
* The egg itself is suprisingly good.
* The hashbrown that goes along with it (with value meals) is probably the best hashbrown ever created (and potentially the one with the highest calories).
* Most importantly, especially on a morning like New Year's day, the sausage mcmuffin has a way of helping to cope with a hangover ... I think the grease and muffin react with excess alcohol and render that alcohol void. I have no proof of this.
**** I've probably stated this before, but why dont' they have a bacon-mcmuffin? How has this been missed? And, no, I'm not talking about the Egg-McMuffin ... that's Canadian bacon, which is almost exactly like ham.