Friday, April 02, 2010

Happy Easter - Y-all

Easter is probably my least-favorite holiday ... or at least it was as a child. Church was somber, plus we had to go early. My mom tended to dress me up in ugly three-piece tan suits that made me look like a pound cake (I think I may have blogged about this last year). The holiday just has too many things working against me. And don't forget Good Friday - the day in which most Christians avoid meat ... and, of course, I love meat. I usually make do with pizza, or peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches, but still ...

Plus, tradtional Easter dinner included ham as the centerpiece ... as many of you know, I can't stand ham. Usually, any family that has me over for Easter dinner has to "make arrangements" for me - like cooking some turkey on the side, or something. Now, I don't ask them to do this for me - heck, I don't mind stopping a the Mickey D's and getting some sort of value meal to hold me over ... however, I'd probably just make everyone else jealous.

But, of course, the true meaning of Easter doesn't involve ugly suits, ham dinners, or meatless Fridays. No, Easter symbolizes the resurrection of Christ, and the forgiveness of all our sins. No truth to the rumor that Easter also symbolizes rabbits laying eggs in people's yards.

1 comment:

Heff said...

NOPE, lol !