Sunday, April 25, 2010

Song of the Week

Months ago it was reported that Scott Wyland was heading back to Stone Temple Pilots, and that in addition to touring, the band would be creating a new studio album. I'm not a huge STP fan, but I enjoy many of their hits. I really enjoyed Scott Wyland's other recent band, Velvet Revolver, so I was intrigued when I heard they were releasing their new song a couple of week's ago.

And after listening to it a few times ... I LOVE IT! It definitely has that "classic" STP sound, but there seems to be some influence from Velvet Revolver in this ... I could almost envision areas of the song in which Slash's guitar would've been prominent.

The song is entitled "Between the Lines," and seems to hearken back to the early days, in which there was a lot of "lovin'" and lots of drugs, which is blatantly "discussed" in the chorus "Even when we used to take drugs."

It's a straight-up rocker, and a good one ... probably has a chance to get major airplay throughout the summer. Not sure about the rest of the album, hopefully it's as good as this song!


No comments: