Sunday, November 08, 2009

Some Things You Probably Didn't Know ...

Just some odds and ends about me that you probably didn't know (or didn't need to know).

* My mom used to cut my hair ... that's not so crazy ... but, she used to cut my hair with me sitting in a high chair ... again, not that crazy ... but, I was sitting in my brother's high chair, and I was about 12-years old.

* I love watching sports ... not crazy ... I love watching sports news ... still not crazy ... but, when my team loses, I can't watch the sports news ... and I end up not knowing what to do with myself.

* You could probably consider me a meat-and potatoes kind of guy ... except, I'm not a big fan of potatoes (with the exception of french fries and potato chips) ... I prefer elbow macaronis ... so, you should probably consider me a meat and noodles kind of guy.

* I LOVE the Outer Banks ... so much so, that I check out www.avalonpier.com just about every day. I check the pier-cam ... which always seems to remind me that I'd rather be there than at work.

* For a "meat and noodles" kind of guy, I, for some reason, watch far too many romantic comedies.

* My parents were a little behind the times ... we didn't have a microwave oven until I was in 10th grade ... I can't remember what I was forced to eat before the microwave.

* My mom always cooked hot dogs for me on Saturdays when I was growing up. She would boil them, and serve them with a side of toast. For some reason, we never seemed to have hot dog rolls. Sometimes she even served the hot dogs with rye bread. Weird.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO... meat and noodles kind of guy... :-D

Steph said...

I'm a meat and noodles kinda girl. My husband doesn't have the same love of noodles that I do so sometimes I get to eat leftover noodles.

snowelf said...

Snickers would eat your share of potatoes, I'm sure. They are her absolute favorite food.

Hope you and Schue had a great weekend together!!

--snow

Lisa said...

Kal, you're hilarious. I love the Outer Banks too ... can't wait to go back. ... LL

DILLIGAF said...

Microwave? When I was a kid oop north I refused to eat the food of choice for many northerners.

'Trotters' - pigs feet (how the hell can you eat pigs feet???)

'Tripe' - cows stomach lining. And yes it looks like it is as well...

'Tongue' - cows tongue (my mother still eats this.

I forgot the bits I don't miss about the north until I read this post.....