Thursday, November 26, 2009

Weekly Homework Assignment

It's time once again for http://www.mamakatslosinit.com/! Since it's Thanksgiving week, I figured I'd write a poem about what I'm thankful for ... BUT, I decided I'd do a Haiku (because I'm cool like that):

I love Thanksgiving
Turkey, family and friends.
A day off of work!

Unofficial start
To the Christmas holiday.
Countdown to St. Nick!

Unbuckle the belt.
I ate too much once again.
No room for my beer!

Dinner is over.
We go to the movies next.
Which one will we see?

We take a moment.
We remember our loved ones.
No longer with us.

3 comments:

KatBouska said...

The day in a nutshell. I like it. Though I'm not a fan of the Thanksgiving meal...I make my Mom cook a lasagna just for me. And I don't think it's at all weird that I'm still fully depending on my mother to feed me on Thanksgiving.

El Padrino said...

happy turkey day bro, enjoy the ham

snowelf said...

Fantastic Haiku Los! It looks like you did actually find room for beer on Thanksgiving after all. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Schue!!

--snow