Friday, April 10, 2009

Trout Fishing Report

Ladies and Gentlemen - I went to my first trout fishing opening day in over a decade ... and I survived! I went with my good friends Rich and Mark - guys who have been carrying on the tradition for a number of years. It was a long day, but it was an excellent day.

After having assembled at my house at around 6:00 in the morning, we were able to find a Rite Aid that carried polarized sunglasses for Rich, and a Dunkin Donuts for Mark, and we made to our destination - Ridley Creek around 6:30 AM. We scouted our fishing hole and made it to our location at around 7:00. We had about an hour until first cast - more than enough time to prepare, tell stories, and most of all goof off.

We all did relatively well, considering the murky water, and gusting wind - I caught 4 trout, Mark caught 5, and Rich caught 3. We all missed a number of others, and sadly, I broke my new fishing pole. All in all, it was a great and wonderful day - and I can't wait to go out again ... once I get another fishing pole.








5 comments:

Jeff said...

Huntin' sober's like ... fishin' ... sober.

The Preacherman said...

Dance ti' thy daddy, sing ti' thy mammy,
Dance ti' thy daddy, ti' thy mammy sing;
Thou shall hev a fishy on a little dishy,
Thou shall hev a fishy when the boat comes in.

...or words to that effect

Heff said...

Sorry you broke yer pole.

El Padrino said...

you eat them?

Ken said...

Adding video to the blog. It's a new day.