Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fast Food Corner

I figured I'd focus a little on pizza this week - specifically, I'll look at Pizza Hut's famed personal pan pizza. I hated pizza as a little kid ... I have no idea why - I'm kind of weird that way. I know that I had gotten sick once after eating pizza, and I usually blame the food when I get sick (truthfully, there was a flu virus going through my class, and that was most likely the culprit, but still).

Anyway, the first pizza I was able to eat again was Pizza Hut's personal pan pizza. The crust is flaky, butter, and yes, even a little greasy. And the crust is sufficiently thick. I know some people love thin crust pizza... I'm not one of those. I need a thick crust - I like to hear a crispy sound when I bite into a pizza. Pizza Hut does this, and does this well with their personal pans.

The sauce itself has a certain sweet overtone to it, and the cheese is abundant. To top it off (at least for me), I like adding the pepperoni topping ... the kind that is crispy, almost burnt ... again, Pizza Hut comes up huge with this. A nice side for this is Pizza Hut's unbelievably tasty bread sticks ... yep, my mouth is watering now!

7 comments:

sirgeb said...

The famed pizza hut all you can eat lunch buffet was the best.

El Padrino said...

i'm sitting this one out, i'm a new yorker

snowelf said...

Pizza Hut is my favorite chain pizza--I love thick crust pizza. But now that I've had Chicago pizza, my previous opinion of pizza has changed forever. I think it'd be like if I visited Philly and had a real Philly Cheesesteak... It would ruin all other cheesesteaks for me for life. ;)

--snow

Sandi said...

I HATE Pizza Hut pizza. I don't know how they and Dominoes survived here in the northeast where there are so many excellent pizzerias that serve real pizza.

schue said...

I love pizza hut pizza. But I can't bring myself to get it too often. Since we get pizza place menus in the mail daily,I gotta order from the local mom and pop shops rather than a chain.

Lisa said...

I'm not a fan of thick crust pizza, but Pizza Hut is an exception. It's disgustingly greasy, but like it once in a very blue moon.

Heff said...

BIG Pizza Hut fan here. It's so good, I'll accept EITHER crust option and not complain, but my fav is thin crust. The BMR (bread/meat ratio) is better that way in my opinion.