Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weekly Homework Assignment

It's time once again for Mama Kat's weekly homework assignment. This week, I chose the following prompt: Name your current addiction...we can get through this together. On a side note - make sure Mama Kat's family is in your prayers, her little daughter isn't feeling well, and Mama Kat is concerned.

This current addiction has actually been an addiction for ... well ... forever. I'm a potato chip guy, and I can't get enough of them. When I eat a sandwich for lunch (or dinner), I need potato chips ... sandwiches just don't seem to taste right without potato chips, and I don't know why. It's kind of like if the sandwich didn't have bread ... that's what I equate potato chips to.

And believe me, I like most kinds and flavors of potato chips - whether plain, barbecue, sour cream and onion, salt and vinegar, ketchup flavored. However, I really can't get into the baked potato chips, though. I wish I could - they are much healthier than the greasy fried goodness that I like. They just don't seem like real potato chips to me ... more like crackers.

I've tried to substitute other stuff for potato chips - like pretzels, which are really good, but just don't go with sandwiches. I've tried pop corn, which isn't bad, but still not the same. I even tried celery and carrots - I like both of these, believe it or not, but still not like potato chips.

Hopefully, they'll figure something out, kind of like what they tried to do with the Olestra chips, but hopefully this time, they'll find a solution that won't make you crap yourself.

6 comments:

Heff said...

Lay's KETTLE COOKED extra crispy - ANY style. They CAN'T be beat !

sirgeb said...

Two 'chips' worth investigating.

1. Cape Cod Kettle Cooked with Sea Salt (from BJs)

2. Sun Chips - they're actually fairly healthy, fill you up, and taste pretty good.

April said...

I love me some Lays potato chips!

Unknown said...

Chips are good. I never tried them in a sandwhich though : ).

Sandi said...

I'm a chip addict, too. Have you tried the Vegetable chips. They have worked as an adequate substitue for me.

-B- said...

LOVE the kettle cooked crunch!
I agree with that Sun Chips are pretty tasty too.

Yummy yummy!