Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Weekly Homework Assignment

It's time once again for Mama Kat's Weekly Homework Assignment! With summer moving rapidly by, I decided to choose this one: How will you enjoy your last days of freedom (aka summer)?

I can't believe it's almost August already! Where did the freakin' summer go? Didn't it seem like summer went by so much more slowly as a kid? Allright, I'm done complaining.

We've had a busy summer, and that's probably why it's gone by so quickly. Here are some upcoming "events" we have left:

* We have a horeshoe tournament/barbecue to go to this weekend at my friend Rich's house. He and his wife always have a good party, and adding a horsehoe tournament is always a good thing. Plus, another friend may be bringing some heavy-duty fireworks!

* August 22nd, we are going to a crab-fest at the Delaware Saengerbund - just wondering how the Germans cook their crabs ... at least we'll have good beer!

* I'm sure somebody will have a Labor Day party ... please?!?!?

* Maybe we'll take a trip to the shore before it's all said and done.

* Oh, and we are going on a cruise to Bermuda towards the end of September. I've never been on a cruise before, so I'm excited/nervous for it! Oh, and it's right in the center of Hurricane Season ... should be good times all around!

And then, before you know it, we'll be making plans for Christmas ... sigh.

5 comments:

snowelf said...

Summer is just flying. I feel like I've hardly done anything this summer and it's already almost gone. :(

--snow

sirgeb said...

Don't forget fishing with the fam on August 12th.

KMServino said...

Cruises are wonderful! You will love it!

Robin said...

A cruise to Bermuda!....Now that's fantastic! Bon voyage and be sure to take plenty of pictures. :-D

Have a beautiful day

Heff said...

It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with this summer. Time seems to move faster as you get older. I for one can't WAIT for school to start back, so my kid will be gone during the day and I MYSELF can have some freedom back !!!