Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dope or Nope


I love hot dogs ... I mean, I LOVE HOT DOGS! And there really is no better time to eat them than in the summertime (in fact, I recently enjoyed dollar-dog-night at a Phillies game). I'm traditional in that I love hot dogs with mustard. I'll eat the sucker plain, but I'd prefer mustard. I'm ok with adding some onions, and maybe some hot peppers on it ... heck, even bacon wrapped dogs are good (you can never go wrong with bacon).

However, I'm not a big fan of hot dogs with ketchup. It just doesn't make sense to me. It's kind of like adding mayo to a pretzel (I know some people who swear by this, by the way). Ketchup to hot dogs is like oil and water. But, I wanted to get a sense of how others feel with this.

So ... ketchup on a hot dog ... dope or nope?

3 comments:

Heff said...

Nope. I don't even put ketchup on fries.

Steph said...

Well hot dogs in generally... nope. Being drunk and have a hot dog that's been burnt on a campfire with ketchup... dope.

Sandi said...

I've NEVER heard of putting mayo on pretzels. Seriously, people do that?

I'm a mustard girl all the way. My kids only eat them with ketchup though and I find this disturbing.