Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fast-Food Corner

They leveled the Burger King closest to my house a few weeks ago ... that's two fast-food places gone in the past few months ... WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD?!?!?! Truth be told, this Burger King, which is/was located on Mac Dade BLVD, in the mall parking lot, wasn't run very well ... plus probably needed some major updating, both cosmetically, as well as equipment-wise (I think they may be building a new Burger King there - they just figured it would be easier to start from scratch).

For example, one day a few years ago, I drove up to the drive-thru and ordered some sort of burger - I believe it may have been the bacon-cheeseburger or something like that. The lady taking the order informed me that they had run out of burgers ... it took me a second to digest (no pun intended) ... HOW THE HECK DOES THIS HAPPEN AT A BURGER JOINT? REALLY?!?!? YOU ARE CALLED BURGER KING ... YET YOU RAN OUT OF BURGERS?!?!? IF YOU ARE THE MANAGER, HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR JOB? I ended up ordering the original chicken sandwich instead ... a good backup to a burger at BK.

Anyway, here's to hoping that they DO indeed rebuild a better Burger King there, and lets hope the service is better ... oh, and that they don't ever run out of burgers again!

2 comments:

El Padrino said...

i think burger king is terrible, would never go there by choice

i hope this revelation does not impact our friendship

Paige Jennifer said...

Awesome. I have a fast-food rule: I won't eat that stuff (outside of a diet coke or ice-cream cone from McD) unless I'm in a different state. It's my gotta-pee-on-a-road-trip stop.