It's time once again for Mama Kat's weekly homework assignment! It's fun - you should give it a try! Anyway, I chose the prompt: Write five "Incredibly Short Books." Basically, it needs to be a contradiction, kind of like "Top Jewish Sports Heroes," or "Words that rhyme with purple."
OK, so here is my top 5:
* Honest Politicians of the 21st Century ... It just seems everywhere you look, a politician is cheating on his/her spouse, involved in some sort of political scandal, or not interested in doing what's best for the country ("my party over my country" shirts would sell millions on D.C. ... of course they'd find a way to make sure the tax-payers received the bill ... hey-yo!).
* Enduring Songs by Groups like Creed and Nickleback ... folks, this music is just plain awful, repetitive, and most unfortunately, popular. I've e-mailed Nickleback before, and asked them to stop. Sadly, they didn't listen.
* Funny Things Elaine Boosler Said ... I just never found her funny ... in fact, I hardly every find female stand-up comedians (comediennes) hilarious. Why is that? Sure, Ellen is kind of funny at times ... but outside of that, what else is there?
* Successful Family Feud Hosts Not Named Richard Dawson ... It seems like a revolving door when it comes to Family Feud ... Ray Combs, Tim the Tool Man's sidekick, that guy from Seinfeld, Louie Anderson ... who's next?
* Smart Decisions Made After Drinking Lots of Alcohol ... This is probably self-explanatory ... Many of these "great" decisions start off with a "Hey, watch this!" comment ... and end up in a hospital room.
Writing Prompts for 12.14
1 day ago