Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dope or Nope ...


Boise State has a blue football turf. There is another team (I think Eastern Washington) that just put in red turf for football. First of all, let me make it clear that astro-turf and football just doesn't mix. But, what about this colored turf craze? Obviously, Boise State has certainly garnered a lot of popularity because of the turf, and I'm sure it's helped their recruiting efforts.

But, I hate watching Boise State home games on TV. It just doesn't look right to me ... kind of like a female announcer during a football game (different dope or nope question).

So, what are your thoughts .... colored turf ... dope or nope?

5 comments:

Heff said...

I saw a portion of the game the other day and immediately noticed that.

Thought the color setting on my TV went wacky.

NOPE !!!

It's like having a billiard table without green felt !

paige said...

I'm going to be the odd man out, but I like it. :)

Jeff said...

If the turf is fake, what's the difference? The green color of fake grass looks bad too.

sirgeb said...

Boise State has had this for a pretty long time, if I remember correctly. If it's just them doing it- I like it for its novelty. If a lot of other teams start doing it, then this quickly becomes a nope.

El Padrino said...

dope