This past week was the 9th "anniversary" of 9-11 ... I can't believe how quickly time has gone by ... let's make a stronger effort never to forget.
1. On Administrators at Byron Nelson High School in Texas suspending a 16-year-old boy on Tuesday because his eyes were bloodshot and they thought he might have been smoking marijuana - The teen said he was not high. Instead his eyes were red because he had been grieving the loss of his murdered father:
"Really? Jumping to conclusions? In Texas?!?!"
2. On Lilly Eddy, leading expert in lip print interpretation, and founder of Lipsology.com, discussing what our pouts might reveal about our personalities:
"I can't wait for the interview with the founder of Sphencter-ology.com..."
3. On Fidel Castro saying Friday his comments about the Cuban economic model no longer working were misinterpreted by a visiting American journalist - taking back an admission that caused a stir around the globe:
"What he meant to say was that he really, really, really misses Kruschev and Breschnev, and that he'll hopefully see them really, really soon."
4. On the creation of the deep-fried Margarita:
"What do you wash it down with, french fry juice?"
5. On controversial pastor Terry Jones and controversial talk show host Rush Limbaugh being high school classmates:
"I'm hoping this shool no longer exists ..."
Writer’s Workshop: Like A Drifter
13 hours ago