Monday, December 06, 2010

80's Corner

Even though this commercial first ran in the 1970's, the Life Cereal commercial with Mikey was well known in the 1980's. The premise of the commercial is two kids who do NOT want to eat this healthy cereal that their mother bought. They decide to push if off to Mikey even though "he won't eat, he hates everything!" Well, Mikey eats the cereal, and the kids respond, "He likes it! Hey Mikey!"

I remember this commercial all too well ... although, I never really had the urge to ask my parents to buy this cereal ... maybe it was the title, since it only had "Life" in it, and no words like "Frosted," "Chocolate," or "Sugar."

2 comments:

Sandi said...

When is that baby coming?

-B- said...

I remember this (ugh!)I still love Life cereal - Cinnamon Life is better than plain.
But More importantly - what Sandi said! Baby update!!!!