It's time once again for Mama Kat's Weekly Homework Assignment. This week, I chose the following prompt: Share a photo that represents how you see yourself.
This is a great representation of how I see myself. Keep in mind, this picture was taken quite a few years ago, and I'm the kid in the center of the picture. Based on this picture, here is how I see myself:
* A poor dresser ... I've never been good at this. My mom had a lot to do with this. When the kids on the recess yard said, "Your mom dresses me funny," I replied with "I know!" As an aside, man do I miss striped socks!
* A clown ... I love to make people laugh. It's what I've always strived to do. Even in family pictures, it is hard for me to give a normal pose. As an aside, I'm not even sure what I'm doing in this picture.
* A family person - I love my family, and I'll do anything for them ... except maybe pose normally in a picture.
* German - My mom is wearing an authentic "Dirndel" in this picture, signifying that we are going to a German club. As a child, I really didn't like going to the German club, because none of my friends were there, and I didn't really like the music. As an adult, I can appreciate the music (still not my favorite), and drinking beer makes it all the more fun.
* An Athlete - I love sports. I love watching sports, playing sports, talking about sports, and even dreaming about sports. I am wearing some sort of "athletic" clothing in this picture ... and for some reason, my mom made me tuck my shirt in, and pull my pants up to my nipples.
Writer’s Workshop: Like A Drifter
12 hours ago