Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dope or Nope ...


Weird Al Yankovic has done a lot of interesting musical parodies over the years - he is like the musical "Zucker Brothers" of rock/pop. Over the years, he has lampooned such pop stars as Michael Jackson, Maddona, Coolio, and the Kinks. He has made quite a living doing this - I just saw a Weird Al greatest hits album at my local BestBuy the other day. He does world tours for crying out loud, and I hear they are a lot like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

His heyday was probably in the mid 1980's to the early 1990's. My question to you is this .... Weird Al ... is he dope or nope?

Personally, I kind of like the parodies he did of Michael Jackson ...

3 comments:

Jeff said...

OK for an occasional chuckle. Not so good as a regular staple.

sirgeb said...

He was great in UHF.

paige said...

I like the Michael Jackson parodies, too. I will now have his version of Beat It in my head for the next two days.

THANKS FOR THAT.