Friday, December 10, 2010

Fast Food Corner


Carl's Junior, which I think is somehow tied in with Hardees, has just introduced a new sandwich - the Philly Cheesesteak Burger. As you might be able to guess, this is basically a regular hamburger with cheesesteak in between a sesame seed bun. The actual description is as follows: This ultimate meat-on-meat offering consists of thinly sliced steak on top of a charbroiled burger patty, finished off with peppers, onions, Swiss and American cheeses, and mayonnaise, all on a seeded bun.

Sadly, there really aren't any Carl's Juniors in the Philadelphia area, so we "experts" won't be able to sample it and determine how "authentic" it is. Maybe that's a good thing, because other fast-food cheese-steak offerings in the past have been sub-par (see McDonalds).

Anyway - if you have a Carl's Junior near you and you get a chance to try it, let me know what you think ...

3 comments:

Heff said...

You are correct - Carl's Jr. and Hardee's ARE tied.

All we have in my area are Hardee's.

I'll check to see if they have the same "feature".

paige said...

It always amazes me how many different ways fast food restaurants can say "hamburger."

-B- said...

I dunno. No Carl's around here, but I don't think I'd go for that one.