Friday, December 24, 2010

Fast Food Corner


Well, after a brief hiatus, I'm back ... A coworker of mine tipped me off about a fast-food restaurant in the King of Prussia area that is making a comeback. Gino's is a burger and chicken place that was very popular in the 1970's and early 80's but for one reason or other faded away ... at least in the northeast. Here is what Wikipedia had to say:

"Gino's Hamburgers was a fast-food restaurant chain founded in Baltimore, Maryland, by Baltimore Colts defensive end Gino Marchetti and running back Alan Ameche, along with their close friend Louis Fischer, in 1957. In Dundalk, Maryland, just outside Baltimore, it got its official name in 1959 when the owners brought on Colts' captain Gino Marchetti. It was an East Coast regional fast food restaurant and had 359 company-owned locations when they were acquired by Marriott Corporation in 1982. Marriott discontinued the brand and converted locations to their Roy Rogers Restaurants chain.The last Gino's, located in Pasadena, Maryland and owned independently from Marriott, closed in 1991."

Well ... Gino's is back ... and I can't wait to try it. I remember we had a Gino's up the street from us as a kid, but I can't remember my parents taking me there. I'll be trying Gino's shortly and reporting back!

No comments: