Monday, January 24, 2011

Dope or Nope


Remakes of past songs ... sometimes, they are awesome (see the Stones remakes of many R&B singers). Sometimes they're not so good (Didn't Pat Boone do a cd of Heavy Metal songs?).

Lately, it seems as if the rock/pop airwaves are being flooded by remakes of classic rock songs ... and, maybe I'm getting too old for the music scene, but man, do most (I mean, all) of them stink. I'd like these young emo-bands to just focus on the same crap their currently playing, and not drag classic rock songs into their playlists. Same goes for the pop singers - knock it off! Have some respect for classic music, and don't try to filth it up with your "style."

What do you think?

3 comments:

El Padrino said...

i think you think too much

Unknown said...

I agree. I hate when all of the emo'my life is a spiraling downward' bands do covers of the great ones. I think that people should stick to what they're good at(or what they can sell) and leave the other genres and songs alone.

Steph said...

This is a definitely nope for me. I can't really think of one good one off the top of my head.