Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Weekly Homework Assignment


It's time once again for Mama Kat's Weekly Homework Assignment! This week, I chose the following prompt: Choose a word that encompasses 2010 and describe why. What word will you choose as your theme for 2011?

This was an easy one .. In fact, I was just pondering this on New Years Eve ... at approximately 11:15 PM ... as I struggled to stay awake and find a show amusing enough to entertain me. I pondered this as I looked over at my wife, who no longer fought the urge to sleep. I pondered this, as I stared at the bassinet with my daughter safely tucked away. I pondered this, as I drank a small glass of wine.

The word that was the theme for 2010 for me was .... CHANGE!

Things changed for me and my wife as we spent the first part of the year trying to get pregnant. By the grace of God, we were able to conceive, and time was spent reading up on the pregnancy and the baby-to-come ... time no longer spent at the bar right across the street. Time was spent eating right ... no longer eating wings and burgers (well, at least not as much!). Time was spent exercising and getting in better shape both physically and mentally.

And as I continued to ponder the change on New Years Eve, I came to the conclusion ... it was most certainly worth it!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Seems like a great reason for change. Best wishes! Hope she's not keeping you up too much.

El Padrino said...

you sound like obama

Ken said...

ahhh that getting in shpae thing will pass.

paige said...

Change is a good thing!