Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fast Food Corner


It looks like California is banning happy meals ... unless the happy meals contain fruit and are under 600 calories. While I applaud the intention, I have a few questions.

First, will this really curb children wanting to go to Burger King or McDonalds or other fast food places? I can speak from my own experience as a youngster. I could've cared less about the crappy toys in the happy meals, I just wanted to go to Mickey D's.

Second, is it government's position to make these rules? In other words, where does parenting fit into this? Shouldn't parents be at least a little responsible for ensuring their children are eating healthy?

Third, I wonder why a place like Subway hasn't gotten involved in this "happy meal" thing ... they certainly could use the "healthy" angle, couldn't they?

What are your thoughts?

No comments: