Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Weekly Homework Assignment


It's time once again for Mama Kat's Weekly Homework Assignment! This week, I chose the following prompt: Write a letter to whatever is stopping you from losing the extra weight you’d like to lose.

Dear Oreo Cookies,

Why? Why, oh why do you taunt me? I can make it through an entire day without thinking about you. But, not long after dinner, I hear you calling. At first, it starts with a whisper. I ignore. The whisper gets louder. Beads of sweat begin to accumulate on my forehead.

I go upstairs, running from the inevitable. Maybe if I surf the net for a while, I'll forget about you, Oreo. But you won't let me, will you? The whispers turn into screams, and these screams are answered by the rumbling in my belly.

Like a magnet, I'm attracted to the cabinet where you reside. It seems like there is no force that will be able to prevent me from eating you. You win again, Mr. Oreo ... well played!

7 comments:

paige said...

LOL. Oreo, I just can't quit you.

Heff said...

Go ahead and fail me. I'm the picture of health, so I can't participate....

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Leah said...

Hi there I found u from Mama Kat.. This is hilarious! I too love Oreos and the only cure that works for me is to simply not buy them anymore! Problem solved! Damn, i want one right now! Grr... Thanks a heap! Haha!

Unknown said...

good call.
I flipping hate oreos.
I love them.
But I HATE that I love them.
Darn it!

Steph said...

I love Oreo's but I don't buy them so that I don't have to worry about eating them.

El Padrino said...

The Oreo will not be denied.