Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Weekly Homework Assignment

It's time once again for Mama Kat's Weekly Homework Assignment. This week, I chose the following post: Write a poem about a memory you sometimes wish would disappear.


The fourth of July ...
A day to hold your head up high ...

But on that day, my brother did die.
And sometimes I still question why.

I try not to think about it.
But to this day, I can't understand why he quit.

He thought he took the easy way out.
But he never really thought about ...

The family and friends that still mourn to this day.
There really must've been another way.

On the fourth, I'll probably raise a shot or two.
Because, brother, I really do miss you.

8 comments:

Heff said...

Now, if there's ANY truth to that poem, I REALLY hate it for you.

I've had SEVERAL people that were special in my life "off themselves", but not on the 4th of July.

Make the best of the day, man.

- Heff

M.Jay. said...

Lovely, (((HUGS)) for you on the day. Celebrate his life.

Steph said...

What a touching poem! Never forget the good times. I hope you can make the most of the weekend.

El Padrino said...

shitty day for a shitty outcome

hope you make the best of it

paige said...

Oh, dear. If that's a true story, that's so sad. :(

Stef said...

Wow! That probably puts some clouds on the celebration. So sorry for you and your family!

Ink and Stone said...

What M.Jay said. Celebrate his life, my friend!

-B- said...

Wow, Los. Spend it with family and friends, comfort your parents.