Tuesday, February 02, 2010

80's Corner


Rubber Cement ... yes, I'm sure this was developed before the 1980's, but I experienced rubber cement in the 1980's! It was art class, and rubber cement was like glue, but when it dried, it was rubbery, and it smelled awesome too. I discovered rubber cement in art class, and my life would never be the same (or at least my grade school years).

Anytime we walked into art class, clad in our smocks and ready to be creative, when we saw the rubber cement cannisters on the tables, our hearts skipped a beat. I think we school kids spent more time creating rubber-cement balls with rubber cement, than we actually did using it to actually glue stuff together.

But, with the passing of time, things like rubber cement (and paste) left my life ... but folks it never left my memories and will always hold a special place in my heart.

4 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

So you have a rubber fetish?

Nowt to be ashamed of...many people have fetishes...

I will post your rubber fetish shortly just so peeps know they are not alone....

...;-)

Sandi said...

They looked like boogers.

snowelf said...

Rubber cement was da bomb!
I loved the smell of it too. :)

--snow

Lisa said...

Sandi stole my comment.