It's time once again for Mama Kat's Weekly Homework Assignment! This week, I chose the following prompt: 10 Reasons why you’re better off without him….or her….or it.
Snow, I used to love you, especially when you were able to "convince" my school to close for the day. I used to love to frolic in you, go sledding on you, and heck build forts and snow-men out of you. But, as the years have aged me, so have they gradually evaporated away the adoration I had for you. I know longer adore you. I no longer look forward to you. And thanks to your extended presence this season, I'm through with you.
Here are 10 reasons I'm better off without you:
10. Thanks to you, I have discovered new levels of back pain.
9. Driving a car on you is no fun at all.
8. You melt, then re-freeze, and cause me to slip and fall when I step on you.
7. You have caused tree branches and electrical wires to break.
6. In the past, the wife and I have enjoyed going to local bars as you fell to the ground ... unfortunately, you have fallen in record amounts, thus closing said bars.
5. Snow plows have pushed you up against my car, thus trapping it.
4. You have a way of motivating people to go to supermarkets and buy overwhelming amounts of omellette-making ingredients.
3. You turn gray and black near roads when you've been around too long.
2. You cause potholes.
1. You cause sappy newspaper headlines like "snow-kidding!"